An illustrated and informative catalog and order system for the
MacNaughton Associates yacht and commercial design firm featuring designs stressing
strength & long term investment value. You can order anything from a complete custom
design down to a simple calculation, technical book, or study plans. If we dont have
to do drawings or calculations advice is free. We are a major source for standards in
marine construction in various materials.
- Catalog of Stock Designs and Other Services
- Custom Design Information
and our Custom Design Quote Form
- Publications on Design, Boat Building &
- Assistance with Calculations - available via email
- Idea Designs - a selection of drawings and
comments that we would love to do complete designs from.
- Tom MacNaughton - a biographical sketch of the
- Nathan Shawl -
Yacht Draftsman and Associate Designer
- John Hanks
- Special Projects Draftsman
- Other draftsmen working with us will be listed here when
they feel ready for the recognition. The amount of work we can accept depends upon the number
of designers and draftsmen we have. If you feel you would like to work
with us, see the information on our Careers page.
- Clarsach 20 - A really nice little
daysailing, weekending tabloid canoe yawl.
- Penny 25 Modification - A revision of this
popular design with a pilot house, improved interior, and a different style
of Chinese rig than we usually do.
- Shining Moon 36 - A Chinese rigged and
Chinese styled vessel for living aboard and voyaging. She is being
design for a couple who wish to retire aboard her and travel.
- Maddy 24
- A raised deck displacement power boat stretched from our
Maddy 18 design.
- 30' to 34' Twin Keel Voyaging Yacht -
Designed to be trailerable.
- 30' Colin Archer - A smaller version of our
- Alerion - We produced
modern wood and epoxy construction drawings
for one time use for this 26' Herreshoff design in cooperation with the MIT Museum.
We would love to complete a full set of plans for a client should anyone be
- Blue Horizons 30 -
A Chinese rigged twin keel liveaboard and voyaging yacht featuring a
wheelhouse and solar charged electric auxiliary propulsion
- Ha' Penny 20
- A modest full time liveaboard voyaging yacht for one person. This is
the latest in our Coin Collection series.
- The above are our current design projects in the size
range most people choose for family yachts. In addition to these we
usually have one or more larger projects as well generally in the 90' to
150' range. These may be "yachts" which are often really for business
use, charter vessels, or passenger carrying vessels. In addition we
often have various commercial small craft as well.
- Map of the Design Office
- Yacht Design in the Twentieth Century -
a speech given at Mystic Seaport by Dan MacNaughton
- Our Favorite Quote About Our Designs: "Time
spent aboard a MacNaughton design is not deducted from your life span."
- Another great quote: “I am glad we are involved
with your firm. Your designs and philosophy are both beautiful.” - Greg
"The sun never sets on boats being built to our designs"